THERAPEUTIC MARIJUANA REGISTRATION for physicians
PHYSICIANS TREATING THE FOLLOWING QUALIFYING CONDITIONS
Autism, Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome, Cancer, Chronic or Intractable Pain, Crohn’s Disease, Epilepsy, Glaucoma, HIV/AIDS, Muscular Dystrophy, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Spasticity, and Seizure Disorders.
Physicians (MDs and DOs) are permitted to apply to obtain a therapeutic marijuana registration permit if they meet eligibility requirements and provide the Board with all requested information. The Board may refuse to consider any application which is not complete in every detail and may, in its discretion, require more detail or complete response to any request for information set forth in this application as a condition to consideration of an application.
To apply, go to www.lsbme.la.gov, select “Apply for a New License/Permit”, Click the “LaMED DashBoard” and register for a username and password.
The Online Application and Renewal Process requires the completion of one-time registration. This will provide you with username, which will be the email address used during registration and password for login. Click on the button “Click here to Register” for one-time registration, enter all required information and click on the button “Submit Registration”. You will receive a temporary password in email and you will need to change your password before you can log in. Please contact the Board Office if you have any questions or experience any issues with the registration or renewal process.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR PERMIT
Hold a current, unrestricted license to practice medicine issued by the board;
After receiving a TMR permit, the physician must obtain a Schedule 1 authority or such other authority as may be designated for therapeutic marijuana by the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy (recommending therapeutic marijuana without obtaining this will put the licensee at risk for disciplinary action)
Be domiciled in and practice at a physical practice location in Louisiana; and;
Has completed the Therapeutic Marijuana Rules Review Course
APPLICATION & INSTRUCTIONS FOR INITIAL LICENSURE
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered for issuance
of a registration:
1. Oath or affirmation
2. Photo (Passport quality)
3. Verification of Applicant’s Louisiana Board of Pharmacy Schedule 1 Authority for Therapeutic Marijuana
4. Background Check
5. Online Therapeutic Marijuana Rules Course, Quiz, and Certificate of Completion
All applicants are required to take the online Rules course, successfully complete the associated quiz, and submit a printed copy of their Certificate of Completion to the Board with this application.
1. Obtain and ENROLLMENT KEY for the course by contacting LSBME to receive a code
for the test.
2. Register in the LSBME online eLearning System by visiting, http://lsbme.mrooms.net/login.
3. Click on “Create New Account.” Create a username and password for your account.
4. Check the email account you provided and click on the embedded link in the email message to confirm your new account. You are now registered on the LSBME’se Learning Site.
5. Obtain and ENROLLMENT KEY for the course by contacting LSBME to receive a code for the test.
6. Read the course instructions. Complete the course and quiz
7. Print the course Certificate of Completion. Include this Certificate with your registration application.
8. Contact eLearningSupport@lsbme.la.gov with any enrollment or technical support issues.
6. Check/Money Order for Non-Refundable Fee of $75.00 – Make check/money order payable to Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners. This fee is non-refundable.
IMPORTANT – This information is provided as a courtesy to assist providers. Please refer to www.lsbme.la.gov for official information and updates.